Friday, December 28, 2012

What was I thinking?

I said to my husband, "I should start a blog."  He replied, as all good husbands should, with a supportive answer.  "You should."  He is a great husband, but I'll tell you more about him later.  I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, which is surprising because I do not enjoy journaling.  But, really, is blogging the same as keeping a journal?  I would argue no.  How I would structure that argument, I have no idea.  My sister is the English teacher/writer/one-who-understands-prose and I am the life-is-black-or-white gal who likes formulas, order and logic.  So, this writing-a-blog thing is definitely something that is outside my comfort zone.  Though, sharing my opinions and thoughts in an unsolicited way is not new for me.  Just ask my friends and family.

So, now what to blog about.  People in my life - must be heavily censored so as not to end up alone.  Politics - I try not to pay attention because it just upsets me on so many levels.  Religion - ehh...maybe.  Life in general - that I can do.  I have a life and stuff happens in it...there may be something here.

So, now how often to blog.  Daily - never gonna happen.  I can count on one hand the tasks I accomplish on a daily basis.  Kissing my kids, yes.  Kissing my husband, maybe. Showering, I think so.  Sleeping, at least a few hours.  Brushing my teeth, yes.  Eating chocolate, YESYESYES!!  I will see what happens.

Today the most exciting thing that happened was when I melted butter in the microwave and it popped and burst and made exploding noises.  I took out the dish and the butter popped again and splashed on my t-shirt and pants.  My main concern was the freshly baked cookies on the stove top.  I didn't want to ruin them!  Of course my shirt is ruined and my pants now have a greasy spot on them.  My husband's reaction, as all good husbands should do, was express concern, "Are you okay?  Did you get burnt?"  Then he proceeded to tell me how his mother melts butter in the microwave.  "Mom always said to melt it on 50% power."  I quickly replied that I knew that, but was in a hurry so I did it my way.  My words of advice to husbands everywhere - don't tell your wife how your mother does things.  Otherwise, no cookies for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment