Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I have been up all night working the night shift.  Got home after braving commuter traffic and got my loving husband and the little babe off for their day.  I threw in a load of laundry so it could be washing while I sleep, then started the dishwasher so it can be emptied later.  A few minutes later I stepped in a puddle of water in my kitchen...the lovely dishwasher is leaking!  I'm too tired for this!  So, I make a call to the repair people, who promptly put me on hold.  I just want to go to bed, as I have to get up at 2 p.m.  That is less than 4 hours from now.  I go back on Mom duty then.  It is my turn to carpool for CCD.

So while waiting on the phone I decide to try the on-line service, to make the appointment on-line.  The customer service rep transfers me to someone else after I have gone through my story, as he can't help me.  The second guy wants to troubleshoot the problem online.  I don't have time for this, I tell him.  I want to go to sleep!  I don't tell him I want to go to sleep - he probably wouldn't understand.  So he just makes the appointment...for NEXT WEDNESDAY!  What busy mom wants to hand wash dishes for a week??!!  I think I'll run the dishwasher anyway, when I'm up, with towels on the floor and a small dish to catch the leaking water.  Sound good?  Hopefully the clothes washer is feeling healthy...we are behind in our laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment